Puzzle Picture Cards
The puzzle picture cards has two pictures that match together in a puzzle connection. When selecting pictures into the tray (or organizing the order in the wizard), make sure that the pictures you want to match are next to each other. Once create, students can match picture to picture and see what fits together. Here are some ideas:
Letter Sounds (Try using the Soundfinder)
- Beginning Letter Sounds: cat / car, mouse / man, door / dog
- Ending Letter Sounds: snail / shell, man / fin, fish / mustache
- cat / hat, dog / frog, tree / bee
- near / far, tall / short, up / down, in / out, loud / quiet, stop / go, big / little, high / low, write / erase
- shoe / sock, candles / cake, pen / paper, fork / spoon
- Category and Picture: Food / apple, Clothes / shirt, Toys / ball, Pets / cat
- Community Helpers: Fireman / hose, Construction worker / tools, Chef / pan
- Related Pictures and Students figure out the category: cat / dog (both are pets), pretzel / popcorn (both are snacks), cap / baseball (both are in baseball)
Like all LessonPix materials, you can also use picture puzzle cards with your own photos. Here are some ideas using pictures you upload from your computer or smartphone.
- Use students photos - they find their partner by matching puzzle pieces for a cooperative learning activity.
- Literature - match photo of books with picture of the main character
- Match student photo to pictures of their lunchbox / backpack, or other belonging.
- Match familiar face of school staff to picture of where they work.
- Use pictures from the Great American Teach-in - match person to the job they do.
There are so many creative ways you can use this activity in a classroom, homeschooling, or therapy setting.